Okay. I had to drive 10+ hours back to the good ol' North East. Or to be more "accurate" - the Mid-Atlantic region. Doesn't matter....when you drive a good work day plus overtime, you get to thinking. alot. about everything.
Therefore I have compiled a list of my favorite books currently that are a good read on a ten hour journey in case you ever find yourself on one. And you should once...more than once...in your life experience a road trip so phenomenal, that when you reminiscence with your friends, drinking a beer, and sitting on the couch with your head back...you say, "hell yeah. That was legendary." (I have become obsessed with the show 'How I Met Your Mother' and it is awesome. I really need to write about it here...but it's not a book but damnit, its going to be in here. I just gotta figure out how to do it...Everyone should be watching this show.)
Anyways, it needs to include getting lost, walking into a random cornfield, eating in a restaurant named "Restaurant" (and believe you me, they are OUT THERE...haha), stealing a road sign, and sitting on the side of a back road. At least it should include that. I don't know, make your own agenda on what should happen. Then film it and send it to me. That would be cool.
I am way off subject right now so let's get to it, yo. Okay here it is:
1) Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding. Every woman's best friend. I love this character. I think I have read and re-read Bridget Jones at least thirty times. I'm that obsessed. And I think I need a new word or a better vocabulary.
2) The Strain by Chuck Hogan. Scare the daylights outta your friends. It's kinda a long for a ten hour drive but just read them the scary parts. Make sure they don't drive off the road though.
3) The Ultimate Dirty Joke Book. HEY, no judging. We all need some of these jokes when we don't feel like thinking.
4)Fatherhood by Bill Cosby. This book is hilarious.
5)Medium Raw: A Bloody Valentine to the World of Food and the People Who Cook by Anthony Bourdain. I love this guy. He is a witty, no bs writer who describes food like he is in love. And by god, he makes you want to eat things that you never even heard of it but it sounds like the best thing on earth. It will make your mouth water. But not recommended reading right before you eat at 'Restaurant.' You need to be staaaaaaarving before you eat there so your apple pie, greasy cheeseburger, and overly salted fries will be the most delicious things in the world.
Okay, I think that is it right now. Let me know what your list is! I want to read it. Hahaha, I originally wrote, 'let me hear it.' I am tired and I need some sleep. This has been the craziest two weeks of my life.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
On the Road. During any road trip this should be the first book that comes to mind.
OH yeah! I can't believe I forgot about that book; and I even about Jack Kerouac!
On the Road had always been recommended me for to read, but for some reason it took me forever to start but I couldn't put it down after the first couple pages.
My favorite novel written by him is The Dharma Bums. Hah, thanks for remembering him! :)
Post a Comment