Monday, July 19, 2010

I Write Like...

Share
I write like
H. P. Lovecraft

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!



I found a website linked through the New York Times that "analyzes" your works of writing...such as blogs, journals, anything except for that dang Twitter (because 150 characters are too short to analyze). Anyways, I plugged in my little review for Sh*t My Dad Says and viola! I write like H.P. Lovecraft!

This would be more exciting if I read any of his works.

I did wikipedia him and he writes "weird fiction," a subgenre that is quasi science fiction, quasi supernatural, quasi horror. "Lovecraft's guiding literary principle was what he termed 'cosmicism' or 'cosmic horror,' the idea that life is incomprehensible to human minds and that the universe is fundamentally alien."

I have written nothing that comes close to this type of genre in my life (okay, I am lying...in seventh grade, I elaborated on an Archie comic book story and turned it into science fiction...something about aliens landing and being nice. I don't remember. I was 13, geez).

But I better start. I don't want to disappoint those at the I Write Like...site.

http://iwl.me/

No comments: