Thursday, April 15, 2010

NATIONAL LIBRARY WEEK

Share

Holy cow. Completely forgot it was National Library Week! You have two more days to celebrate it, woohoo! Neil Gaiman is the spokesperson this year and he has a lengthy interview which I can't post here because I would have to type it all out BUT I will post the link.


Growing up, I loved my library. It used to be a police station in the early 1900's but they converted it into a library around the 80's. I think. Actually, I am making the part up about it converting into the 80's. I have no idea when it turned into a library....hah, nonetheless, when I was about ten, they built a brand new library and it was lovely. With lots of books and magazines and I pretty much spent many of my summer days reading there. I would definitely be categorized as a nerdy bookworm in my pre-adolescent years.


Here is a preview for the interview with Mr. Gaiman:
haha "by Kate" :
Neil Gaiman has long been on record as a fan of libraries, sometimes even calling himself a "feral child" raised by librarians among the stacks. So it should come as no suprise that the American Library Association chose Gaiman to be the Honorary Chair of this year's National Library Week. As both a librarian and a fan of Gaiman, I was thrilled to be able to interview him about National Library Week and what libraries have meant to him.


Read the rest of the interview HERE!
Celebrate your Local Library!

No comments: