Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Top Ten Reasons to Purchase BEFORE I FALL

Share
After two years, Lauren Oliver's book, Before I Fall, has finally hit the shelves on March 2nd. After reading a review of it on the IndieBound site (the reviewer is from my own stomping grounds, Hockessin, Delaware...wooohooo), I am now pretty pumped to read this book. Rather than trying to summarize a review...I'm just going to post it here for ya:

"When Samantha Kingston dies a tragically early death, she is forced to relive the day she dies seven times. Each day, something different happens, and Sam learns more about herself and her friends than she ever could have imagined. Filled with self-doubt, new experiences, and heartache, Before I Fall takes the reader on a spectacular journey as Sam accepts her fate with grace and power." -Sarah Driban, Hockessin Book Shelf, Hockessin, DE

Sounds intriguing, right? That is what I thought as well.

So...here from Lauren Oliver herself (posted on her blog) is a Top Ten List on why you should purchase Before I Fall:


Top Ten Reasons You Should Buy My Book on March 2nd:

10. Because it will keep you off the streets
9. Because everyone wants to be a trendsetter...and you can be one of the first people to own a finished copy-- ever!
8. Because books are better than brussel sprouts. Depending on the book. And the brussel sprout.
7. Because if you hate it, you can tell me so @OliverBooks on twitter.
6. Because at 480 pages, in hardcover, if you hate it, you can also use it to smack somebody upside the head.
(Not that I'm recommending violence. I'm a lover, not a fighter, people).
5. Because it doubles as a coaster, an arm rest, and possibly a cake stand.
4. Because even though it doesn't feature vampires, I promise it's romantic.
3. Because you want to make me happy.
2. Because what else will you do today? School? Homework? Chores? Yawn.
1. Because you might discover a new favorite book. Or at the very least, a book with a very, very pretty cover.

Read the rest of her blog HERE.
I think those are some pretty solid reasons for buying this book, for sure. Whatcha waiting for?


No comments: